Issued at: 8:10 PM PDT on April 22, 2014, expires at: 4:00 AM PDT on April 23, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PDT Wednesday...
- winds...areas of west to northwest winds 20 to 35 mph...with gusts to 55 mph. Isolated stronger gusts in the northern Coachella Valley.
- Timing...through late tonight.
- Location...strongest near Mountain Ridge tops and on adjacent desert slopes...and below the Banning pass in the northern Coachella Valley. Major roads affected by these strong winds include I-10 through the San Gorgonio Pass and the I-8 corridor through the San Diego County mountains.
- Visibility...reduced at times by blowing sand and dust in the high deserts...the Coachella Valley and the San Diego County deserts.
- Impacts...the winds will make driving difficult...especially for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs and other debris.
- Reports...Sky Valley gusted to 71 mph at 4 PM. Edom Hill gusted to 61 mph at 5 mph. Volcan mountain RAWS gusted to 51 mph at 6 PM. White Water RAWS gusted to 47 mph at 1 PM. Harrison Park gusted to 46 mph at 3 PM. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.