Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 1:41 PM PDT on April 23, 2014/, expires at: 8:00 PM PDT on April 25, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Friday afternoon through Friday evening for strong winds...low relative humidity and high fire danger for the lower Colorado River valley of extreme southeast California and extreme southwest Arizona... The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a Fire Weather Watch for strong winds...low relative humidity and high fire danger...which is in effect from Friday afternoon through Friday evening.
- Affected area...in Arizona...Yuma/Martinez Lake and vicinity/lower Colorado River valley AZ. In California...lower Colorado River valley CA.
- Winds...southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Timing...Friday afternoon into Friday evening.
- Relative humidity...as low as 10 percent.
- Impacts...fuels are dry and fire danger is very high. These conditions...combined with low relative humidity and strong winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather conditions. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the field of this Fire Weather Watch. National Weather Service Phoenix is on the internet at