Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 2:14 am PDT on March 11, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM PDT on March 12, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday afternoon for strong winds and low humidity... A Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday afternoon.
- Winds...areas northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
- Relative humidity...lowest daytime around 10 percent with poor overnight recovery.
- Timing...winds will increase tonight...peak on Wednesday and weaken Wednesday evening.
- Outlook...winds will continue to weaken Thursday and Friday...but humidity will remain low. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings. Mm
Issued at: 2:12 am PDT on March 11, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM PDT on March 12, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 PM this evening to 6 PM PDT Wednesday...
- winds...north to northeast 20 to 35 mph with gusts 45 to 55 mph. Isolated gusts to 65 mph will be possible in coastal foothills.
- Timing...tonight through Wednesday.
- Location...coastal foothills of the inland Empire...the Santa Ana Mountains and portions of inland Orange County...and in the Coachella Valley north of Interstate 10.
- Visibility...reduced at times by blowing dust and sand in the northern Coachella Valley.
- Impacts...the winds will make driving difficult...especially for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs and other debris.
- Outlook...winds will weaken Wednesday evening into Thursday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Mm