Issued at: 1:20 PM PDT on June 18, 2013, expires at: 3:00 AM PDT on June 19, 2013
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 am PDT Wednesday...
- winds...west winds 20 to 30 mph...with gusts to 50 mph.
- Timing...through late tonight.
- Location...Interstate 10 through and below the San Gorgonio Pass as well as areas north of Interstate 10 in the Coachella Valley. Affected towns include Cabazon...Whitewater...Desert Hot Springs and Thousand Palms. Gusty winds will also affect the Palm Springs area.
- Visibility...locally reduced visibilities in blowing dust and sand.
- Impacts...driving will be hazardous...especially for high profile vehicles. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.