Issued at: 9:35 am PDT on May 22, 2013, expires at: 2:00 AM PDT on May 23, 2013
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 2 am PDT Thursday...
- winds...areas of westerly winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. Isolated gusts will top 50 mph.
- Timing...from 4 PM this afternoon to 2 am Thursday.
- Location...mountains and deserts...mainly through mountain passes and into the adjacent deserts.
- Visibility...locally reduced below 2 miles in blowing dust.
- Impacts...difficulty in driving...especially for motorists with high profile vehicles.
- Outlook...winds will decrease overnight tonight...but increase again Thursday afternoon and continue through the evening. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.