Hard Freeze Warning:
Issued at: 3:48 am MST on December 8, 2013/, expires at: 9:00 AM PST on December 10, 2013
- ...Hard freeze warning in effect from midnight PST /1 am MST/ tonight to 9 am PST /10 am MST/ Tuesday... The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a hard freeze warning for much of the Mojave Desert region...which is in effect from midnight PST /1 am MST/ tonight to 9 am PST /10 am MST/ Tuesday.
- Locations and expected low temperatures: Las Vegas Valley...low to mid 20s. Pahrump area...mid to upper teens. Upper Colorado River valley...upper 20s to low 30s. Mesquite area...mid to upper teens. Southern Clark County...low to mid 20s. Kingman area...mid to upper teens. Meadview area...mid 20s. Barstow area...low to mid 20s. Baker area...mid 20s. Yucca and morongo valleys...mid 20s. Death Valley area...upper 20s to low 30s.
- Impacts: take extra precautions to protect sensitive plants and cover exposed irrigation pipes as they may get damaged. Arrange proper sheltering of pets who may suffer if left outdoors. Run pool pumps overnight to limit the potential for damage. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A hard freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Frost Advisory, High Wind Watch:
Issued at: 2:39 am PST on December 8, 2013, expires at: 10:00 AM PST on December 10, 2013
- ...Frost advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 9 am PST Monday... ...High wind watch in effect from late tonight through Tuesday morning... The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a frost advisory...which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 9 am PST Monday. A high wind watch has also been issued. This high wind watch is in effect from late tonight through Tuesday morning.
- Winds...areas of northeast winds 20 to 30 mph for late tonight through early Tuesday. Gusts to 60 mph below passes and canyons.
- Temperatures...falling into the upper 20s to mid 30s for late tonight into early Monday with areas of frost in colder...wind sheltered locations.
- Impacts for winds...the winds will make driving difficult... especially for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs.
- Impacts for frost...a frost advisory means that frost is possible. Sensitive outdoor plants may be killed if left uncovered. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A frost advisory means that frost is possible. Sensitive outdoor plants may be killed if left uncovered. A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.