Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 2:50 PM MST on March 9, 2014/, expires at: 9:00 PM PDT on March 11, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening for strong winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zones 101...229 and 466... The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Fire Weather Watch for strong winds and low relative humidity...which is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening.
- Affected area...in Arizona...fire weather zone 101 Lake Mead nra/Colorado River-AZ side. In California...fire weather zone 229 lower Colorado River valley. In Nevada...fire weather zone 466 Lake Mead nra/Colorado River-NV side.
- Timing...gusty north winds are expected behind a cold front that is forecast to move through the region late Monday evening. Winds are expected to increase Monday night and continue into Tuesday evening. Relative humidity values will drop below 15 percent late Tuesday morning and remain below 15 percent until Tuesday evening.
- Wind...north winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts around 40 mph.
- Humidity...10-15 percent.
- Impacts...the combination of gusty winds...low relative humidity and dry fuels can create conditions that are favorable for extreme fire behavior. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are possible. Please advise the appropriate fire weather officials in the field of this Fire Weather Watch. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings. Asg