Issued at: 1:07 PM PST on March 7, 2014, expires at: 2:00 PM PST on March 08, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory in effect from 9 PM this evening to 2 PM PST Saturday... The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from 9 PM this evening to 2 PM PST Saturday.
- Winds...areas of northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts from 45 to 55 mph.
- Location...strongest winds will be along the coastal slopes as well as through and below the passes and canyons. This includes the Cajon Pass...the Banning pass...the canyons of the Santa Ana Mountains...and the I-8 corridor through the San Diego County mountains.
- Timing...increasing winds tonight with peak winds Saturday morning. The winds will decrease Saturday afternoon.
- Impacts...the winds will make driving difficult...especially for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs and other debris. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.